Lela and I are trying to keep our electricity bills and our environmental pollution down this winter by refraining from using any heaters. It is cold, damn cold. At the moment it is about 6C at night, which means with no heating, it is 6C in our bedroom (if not colder as our bedroom is a naturally cool room). We pile on the layers and I use my hot water bottle called George. We snuggle and we survive.
However, I have to wonder, does it matter? Sure, we aren’t using huge amounts of electricity to heat our house, but all our neighbours are and I bet all of our street is. Is the little bit we are doing worth it?
Also, is the electricity and water I am using to fill up George every night actually less than an electric blanket would use?
- The Anti-Vaccination Movement invokes Godwin’s Law
- Things That Need To Be Said
- Why You Need To Support Gay Marriage
- Why can’t the Pope do what is right?
- The Dangers of Homeopathic Vaccinations For Pets
- Happy Zombie Jesus Day!!
- Neighbourhood Conspiracy Theories
- Religious Imbecile Of The Week
- On Hiatus, kinda
- Religious Imbeciles Of The Week